Posted on September 21st, 2011 in Conferences, Discount Codes | No Comments »
The UT Dallas Marketing Program presents “The Critical Thinker’s Workshop: Problem solving & decision making techniques used by the CIA”
Act now, space is limited to 15 industry practitioners.
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
From 7:00 am – 1:00 pm (working breakfast & lunch included)
The University of Texas at Dallas
School of Management Building, Room 1.508
800 West Campbell Road
Richardson, TX 75081-3021
This is a practical workshop designed to help managers, strategy planners and analysts learn the techniques used by the Central Intelligence Agency to improve problem solving, decision making and to achieve analytical uniformity within their organization. The techniques taught in this workshop will be applied to business contexts through a collaborative effort with UT Dallas Marketing Faculty. Several proven analytic structuring techniques are explained and demonstrated, and as much class time as possible is devoted to practice.
When you complete this workshop, you will be able to immediately:
1) Conduct Problem Structuring and identify “Seven Problematic Proclivities”, including emotional dimensions, mental shortcuts, patterns, biases, assumptions, explanations and evidence seeking
2) Identify common impediments to effective decision making and problem solving
3) Learn and quickly implement key techniques such as problem restatement, weighed ranking and utility trees for better insights, decisions and strategic recommendations.
The objective in hosting this workshop is to expose faculty, graduate marketing students and marketing practitioner partners to these techniques so as to incorporate them into our Master of Science in Marketing program and disseminate best practices to partner practitioner companies.
This course has been designed by the author of “The Thinker’s Toolkit”, ex-CIA analyst Morgan Jones. His company Analytic Advantage and the workshop presenter, John Stolter, have taught this workshop to amongst others the FBI, the Federal Reserve, several branches of US Military Intelligence and others.
Who should attend:
Management, Strategic Planners, Analysts and anyone who wants to improve their critical thinking skills and make better decisions by applying a structured approach to problem solving.
About the Presenter:
John Stolter is a leadership coach, consultant, corporate trainer, and the Director of Operations for Analytic Advantage, Inc. With a background in analytic structuring, leadership, product design, manufacturing, and training, John has experience in a variety of industries and the public sector. For more than twenty years he has provided professional training and consulting services that enable clients to improve critical thinking skills and the leadership effectiveness of their employees.
Cost & Discounts:
1. Regular price is $349 (early bird price through September 26th and $399 afterwards) but there is a $50 discount for DFW Search Engine Marketing members for a net price of $299.
2. Please enter DFWSEM code when you are in the payment page to obtain your $50 discount.
3. A great value which includes The Thinkers Toolkit book, a workshop manual, continental breakfast, lunch and complimentary parking
Click Here to Register. However you can call or email us and reserve your registration until the website is available or you can send a check to Andrea Hapeman.